A key aspect of California’s new policy approach is a multiple measures data system that includes local measures of school performance. As school districts across California consider what to measure and how to measure it, there is much to be learned from the CORE districts. In this webinar, PACE will highlight two of CORE’s innovative data approaches: their school impact model and student surveys of social-emotional learning. Researchers, representatives from the CORE Districts, and two district leaders will discuss the importance of using a school growth model to understand school performance, share new research on applying a growth model to social-emotional learning surveys, and discuss how to think about the reporting of academic and social-emotional measures for different purposes and users.
Panelists will include:
- Jennifer Bourgeois, Corona Norco Unified School District
- Dave Calhoun, CORE Districts
- James Feffer, Palm Springs Unified School District
- Hans Fricke, Policy Analysis for California Education
- Heather Hough, Policy Analysis for California Education
- Andrew Rice, Education Analytics